to protect, preserve and enhance farmland and businesses that produce organic food in a sustainable and regenerative farm management manner
to build a strong, safe & more resilient food system. This includes sustainable return to our investors, responsible support for our farmers, and longevity of food security.
to provide educational pathways & career options, that enable more people to be empowered with a career in organic & regenerative agriculture and food production
ORICoop has been created to enable a collaborative investment vehicle to create a sustainable organic and regenerative farming eco-system across Australia.
to collectively enable people to engage & prosper for a better world (& for our communities)
Be part of our journey
- Be part of the global change & transition to a resilient, sustainable, organic & regenerative food production system and improvement of ecological farm & business systems
- Offer long term patient capital investment (10+ years), with secure capped returns across (CCU) investment offerings
- Preserve certified organic farmland in perpetuity
- Increase the number of hectares of protected biodiversity, woodlands, wetland & healthy ecosystems across the Australian agricultural & farming landscape.
- Build more carbon resilience & increase across farming systems.
- Provide stable and long term agricultural & business opportunities to the next generation of organic farm managers and businesses
- Reduce the environmental impact of agriculture & food production, by avoiding toxic chemicals & fertilisers into soils, waterways, farmland, and the overall food production system
- Build an inclusive & collaborative employment and management culture, that does not discriminate on race, age or gender
- Invest in businesses, communities & people that build a stronger, more resilient & transparent business, food and community based ecosystem
- Enable businesses that nurture regenerative economic & ecological policies & practices
We encourage our co-operative members to understand and register their support of the Slow Money Principles.
A measured parameter of the co-operative is UN sustainable principles included here.
Who are we?
We are a group of passionate, talented, innovative and aligned founding members, that together intend to bring change to the investment, farming, food & co-operative sector
Founder & Organic Land Specialist
Equity Ownership & Marketing
Agroecology Head Teacher
Local Food & Investment
Organic sector overview
Currently the organic sector in Australia is worth in excess of $1.73B, and growing at a rate of 13-14% per annum (Organic Market Report, 2017). The market has a strong consumer demand, with more educated consumers looking for connection, authenticity, certified and legitimate products in Australia.
The most difficult aspects of the industry are the lack of a stable and long term supply (i.e. farmland) and constraints around the labour force and expertise needed to build stronger businesses over the long term.
ORICoop endeavours to meet these two central needs, and many others through the power, transparency and influence of a co-operative, together with an experienced Board, co-operative members, key strategic advisors, stakeholders and specialist consultants.